CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas Mailbox
















Here are some pictures of a wood mail box that I altered. It was fun doing it. I painted it all white first and then I put the paper on using Modge Podge. I also sealed it with the Modge Podge. Gotta love that Modge Podge...LOL!!! I put the ribbon on with red line sticky tape. The flowers are actually flowers that I took off the stem of some flowers that I had. The white one I used a brad for the center and the red one I used a white snowflake button. I used my Sizzix to cut out the "let it snow" and the words "winter wishes"on the side. It is hard to see the "winter wishes" in the picture with the way the angle is. I used Stickles over the words to make them show up more. I also cut out a snowflake and then cut it up to fit around the knob that the flag goes down on. I thought that it just needed alittle something and that worked out real well.
I gave this one to my sister last year. I have more mailboxes waiting to be altered. I had purchased quite a few thinking I would get to them all........what was I thinking....LOL!!! I am hoping to get a few done this year. I'm thinking that I better find some time and start them soon.
Happy crafting,
Gail

18 comments:

  1. Gail, this is so cute! You did a super job! It brings out the spirit in me! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love all the different paper you used! I can't wait to see more of these from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute -- gotta love christmas in july :) have fun altering your stash. i have quite a few myself and they are so FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, love the Christmas theme

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I love decorating these mailboxes. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love those little mail boxes! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gail...you did a super job with this mailbox! (arent they fun to alter?)

    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mail box turned out just perfect and it would make a perfect gift! I love to alter these as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mailbox. I haven't decorated one before but it gives me some inspiration to want to give it a try.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have a pile of these in my closet, too! Great job decorating yours--it would be fun to keep your favorite Chrismas cards in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you decorated this, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love getting a head start on Christmas in July! You did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! Time consuming, I'm sure, but it looks like you had a lot of fun with this. How many more to make?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just too cute, I just love decorated mailboxes. I haven't eve done the wooden ones, only the metal ones. I had never thought of doing them with a Christmas theme either, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea. I usually see everyone altering the Target mailboxes for Valentine's Day, but I really like the Christmas theme. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete